‘Rally round the Flag, Boys!’ President Lincoln Centerfold
Click to enlarge:
Select an image:
Newspaper. Harper’s Weekly, October 1, 1864. 16 pp., complete, disbound.
Image shown is a sample. To request an image of the copy currently available please email us at email@example.com
Inventory #H 10-1-1864
This October, 1864 issue of Harper’s Weekly has a magnificent centerfold engraving of President Lincoln—perfect for framing—with a patriotic poem below.
“Rally round the Flag, boys;
Rally with a cheer;
For all you love and cherish most,
For all that you hold dear,
Defend the brave old banner,
Unsullied from the earth—
Within its folds enshrined it hold
All that life is worth.”
Other content in this issue includes:
• A Thomas Nast illustration, The Halt.
• General Sherman’s victory
• Rebel prisoners being conducted to Atlanta from Jonesborough.
• Monument to Stephen Douglas.
• General Sherman’s army destroying the Macon Railroad near Jonesborough, Georgia.