JFK Photographs and Ephemera Collection
Click to enlarge:
[JOHN F. KENNEDY].
Archive. This amazing collection includes many original photographic prints of the Kennedy family, and an assortment of Kennedy-era White House ephemera including note cards and official funeral programs and material.
- two black and white photographic portraits of JFK, likely taken in the Oval Office. 8 x 10 image on 14 x 11 paper.
- a glossy color photographic portrait of JFK with script ‘facsimile’ signature. By Fabian Bachrach. 14 x 11.
- two black and white photo prints of John and Jacqueline Kennedy in formal attire silhouetted against a solid gray background. 9 ½ x 7 ½ image on 12 ¾ x 10 ¼ paper.
- a black and white photographic portrait of Jacqueline Kennedy with inscription: “With best wishes, Jacqueline Kennedy.” The image is believed to be the first official portrait of the First Lady. 10 x 8.
- a large black and white photograph of John and Jacqueline Kennedy in formal attire. The President is outfitted in a white bow-tie and black tailcoat and the First Lady in a formal gown. 14 x 11.
- two color portraits of the First Family. Commonly known as the “Easter Photo” taken in Palm Beach, Florida 1963. 12 x 10. Printed: “President and Mrs. John F. Kennedy / Their Children, Caroline and John F. Kennedy, Jr. / Palm Beach, Florida, Easter 1963,” “Kennedy Edition.”
- two black and white versions of the “Easter Photo.” 12 x 10.
- one black and white photographic portrait of young Caroline Kennedy and infant brother John-John. 10 x 8.
- two black and white photographic portraits of JFK with facsimile inscription in border that reads “With best wishes, John Kennedy.” 10 x 8.
- a black and white candid portrait of John and Jacqueline Kennedy. 10 x 8.
- an official JFK black-bordered Prayer Cards. 4 3/4 x 3 ½
- a cream-colored note card with engraved image of the White House in navy blue ink, apparently by the Bureau of Printing and Engraving. Facsimile inscription reads “With best wishes / Jacqueline Kennedy.” 5 x 7.
- a memorial program from Arlington National Cemetery, January 11, 1964, with the prayer given by the members and officer of the DNC; their names are listed on verso. 8 ½ x 5 ½ folded, 4 pp.
- 6 pp. Reader’s Digest reprint of JFK and PT-109 story “Survival” by John Hersey. 7 1/2 x 5 ½
- two cream colored note cards read “The White House” in raised blue lettering with facsimile inscription “With best wishes John F. Kennedy” in black. 2 1/2 x 4
- a cream-colored invitational card from Senator and Mrs. John F. Kennedy, Sunday, July 10, , for ballroom reception at the Los Angeles Biltmore Hotel, likely following his Democratic National Committee Dinner speech. Invitation printed in black raised lettering. Gold embossed eagle emblem at top center. 4 3/4 x 5 ¾